Egg pancakes or “dan bing” as they are called in Chinese are typically served at Taiwanese breakfast places, but you can make this simplified version using eggs and corn tortillas (or flour tortillas) at home any time! I had so many leftover corn tortillas from making the green chile chicken enchilada casserole, so I decided to make a wholesome breakfast by using the tortillas to make some egg pancakes. It was nice to have as my last breakfast of 2011!
- 2 eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 corn or flour tortillas
- Hot sauce or salsa (optional)
- Pour the beaten egg mixture into a medium pan. Dip both sides of the tortillas into the eggs. The tortillas can overlap.
- Over medium-high heat, cook the eggs and tortillas. When the egg starts to cook through, flip the tortillas over and cook the other side. Spread the eggs over the tortillas as necessary.
- Remove from heat, serve on a plate, and enjoy! For extra flavor or spice, Tapatio hot sauce or any salsa will work well.