One night before our Bible study, Jason prepared a steak dinner complete with cheesy potatoes, broccoli, and red wine! He marinated the steak in salt, pepper, and soy sauce and baked it to a tender medium quality. His cheesy potatoes are popular at potlucks, and the recipe is included below.
2 (1 lb) bags frozen hash brown potatoes, defrosted
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1/2 pint sour cream
10 ounces grated cheddar cheese (Colby Jack works better)
2 cups crushed corn flakes
1/4 cup melted butter
1. Combine potatoes, melted butter, salt, and pepper.
2. Add onion, soup, sour cream, and cheese.
3. Mix well.
4. Put in 9X13 casserole dish.
5. Top with topping mixture.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.