Jason and I have been meeting up each week to study a chapter of the book of Romans, and we also take turns cooking dinner and leading! I decided to make Sloppy Joes and coleslaw one night just because they taste good, and eating Sloppy Joes is rare unless you’re in elementary school.
8 hamburger buns
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 can tomato paste
McCormick Sloppy Joes seasoning packet
1 bag Fresh Express coleslaw mix with dressing
1. Brown the ground beef or turkey and drain out the excess oil.
2. Add the seasoning packet, water, and tomato paste.
3. After the mixture bubbles, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Serve on the hamburger buns.
1. To prepare the coleslaw, dump the mix in a bowl and stir in the dressing. I like using this coleslaw mix because it comes with the dressing, and it’s just enough to give the coleslaw a light coat. Albertsons sells these bags for 99 cents each!
Note: This recipe is meant to make 8 Sloppy Joes, but it depends on how much meat you put on each bun.