My mom cooked some Swedish meatballs one night, but there were too many left over for us to eat on our own. I was planning to make spam fried rice for my Chinese New Year/Valentine’s Day potluck at work, but since there were so many meatballs left over, I decided to use them for the rice instead!
½ bag of IKEA Swedish meatballs, cooked
1 bag of frozen vegetable mix
2 cups of day-old white rice (the more dry the better)
¾ cup ketchup
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the meatballs into quarters.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil and cook the vegetables halfway.
- Add the rice and break up any chunks.
- Add the meatballs and mix it into the rice and vegetables.
- Pour the ketchup over the rice and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.