This enchilada casserole is so easy to make, and it tastes great! It takes about 30 minutes to prepare. My sister gave me the recipe, and I’ve made it for my small group Bible study and for a friend’s going away dinner! The casserole kind of turns into mush after it is cut into pieces, but what it lacks in presentation, it more than makes up for in flavor…thankfully!
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- 1 bag of small corn tortillas (as least 15)
- 1 bag of Mexican-style shredded cheese
- 1 lb. of cooked, sliced chicken to shred
- 1 29 oz. can of Las Palmas green chile enchilada sauce
- Pour the chicken broth into a 15×9 inch casserole pan (enough to cover the bottom with a thin layer).
- Quarter the tortillas and layer them on the bottom of the pan.
- Add a layer of cheese, place a layer of shredded chicken, and place a layer of sauce.
- Add a layer of tortillas, then repeat the layers of cheese, chicken, and sauce.
- Place the last layer of tortillas, then the sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, covered, until the sauce is bubbly.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, uncovered, until the cheese is slightly browned or completely melted.