I wanted to make chili to eat with pasta, but my “chili” didn’t taste like chili. It looked like it though! I didn’t refer to a recipe, so I ended up leaving out the essential spices for chili- brown sugar, oregano, cumin, allspice, and cloves. Next time!
2 cups of whatever pasta you like, cooked
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can kernel corn, rinsed and drained
1 can of tomatoes
1/2 lb. of ground beef
Salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste
1. Cook the ground beef in 1 tablespoon of oil until it is no longer red.
2. Remove the beef and set aside.
3. Cook the beans, corn, and tomatoes for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the beef back into the pan and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
5. Serve the sauce over the pasta!