Here’s the other blueberry coffee cake recipe! I like the brown sugar streusel topping on this one more than the white sugar streusel topping on the first blueberry coffee cake.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 cup blueberries
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar and egg. Stir in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in the blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan. Cover with streusel topping.
3. For the topping: In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar. cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
1. If you don’t have vegetable oil, other types of oil (but not olive oil) will work just fine.
2. I threw the flour, baking powder, and salt together without sifting, and it didn’t affect the cake batter.