I was asked to bring dessert for Bible study one night, but I had no idea about what to make or what to buy. I didn’t have time at first, but I ended up working only a half day. That gave me enough time to put something together with the ingredients that I had on hand at home!
Ingredients for the cake:
1/2 box of Devil’s Food Cake cake mix
1/4 bag of butterscotch chips
1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions, and stir in the butterscotch chips.
2. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with paper liners and pour the cake batter into the pan so each cup is 2/3 full.
3. Bake the cupcakes according to package directions.
Ingredients for the frosting:
1/3 cup butter
4 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Sweetened shredded coconut (as much as you like)
I didn’t want to make this much frosting so I halved the recipe. You can guesstimate on the measurements for the butter and milk. It’s 1/6 cup butter and 1/8 cup milk.
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Slowly beat in 1/4 cup milk and vanilla.
2. Gradually add remaining powdered sugar, beating until combined. If necessary, beat in a little additional milk to make frosting that is easy to spread.
Note: You can keep the unused frosting in a storage container and chill for up to a week.