If you want an easy dessert idea that is low-fat and looks nice, mixed berry shortcakes are great!
To make 30 shortcakes:
1. Hostess or Van De Kamp’s ready-made shortcakes
2. Two 8 oz. containers of Cool Whip or Cool Whip Lite
3. Berry assortment: 2 boxes of strawberries, 1 medium box of blueberries, 1-2 small boxes of blackberries, etc.
1. Lay out the shortcakes.
2. Top the shortcakes with a spoonful of Cool Whip.
3. After washing the berries and slicing the strawberries, place them on the Cool Whip in an arrangement that you like.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Personally, I don’t like these pre-made shortcakes, but they’re the only ones available. If time permits, a homemade crust would be much better.