The egg salad sandwich is one of my favorite types of sandwiches. It’s a quick and satisfying meal to have for breakfast or lunch.
It’s easier to make this sandwich if you already have hard-boiled eggs, but if not, you can have hard-boiled eggs in 15 minutes. In my opinion, this sandwich tastes best when the eggs are cold.
For the eggs:
1. Place the raw eggs in a saucepan or pot, and add water until the eggs are submerged.
2. Over medium low heat, cover the pan/pot and bring the water to a boil.
3. Remove the pot from heat and allow the eggs to sit for 8 minutes.
4. Drain the water from the pan and allow the eggs to cool for 10 minutes.
Note: If you want your egg salad to be cold, cook the eggs a few hours earlier or the night before.
For the egg salad:
2-3 peeled, hard-boiled eggs
1-2 spoonfuls of mayonnaise (I use 1 spoonful for 2 eggs. I think it gives it enough flavor and moisture.)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Paprika, a few sprinkles
1. In a small bowl, use a spoon to mash the eggs and mix them with the mayonnaise.
2. When the mayonnaise and eggs are combined, add the salt and pepper.
3. For the paprika, you can add mix it into the egg salad, or you can sprinkle it on top just before serving.
For the bread:
Egg salad tastes good on any kind of toasted bread. I used a plain bagel for this sandwich. It just depends on what you already have or what you want to eat the egg salad with.