I had an extra bunch of cilantro and plenty of mangoes, so I decided to make some mango salsa! I’ve never made it before, and I wasn’t sure about how to make the salsa into a juicy consistency. However, after I put all the ingredients together, the salsa became thick!
5 ripe mangoes
2 yellow onions
2 large tomatoes
2 large lemons
1 bunch of cilantro
1 tbsp of sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
1. Rinse the cilantro with salt and water and then chop it into small pieces.
2. Wash, peel, and cut the onions into small pieces.
3. Wash and cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
4. Place the cilantro, tomatoes, and onions into a large bowl.
5. Cut off the sides of the mango. With each half, crisscut the mango flesh, and scoop it out with a spoon and place it into the large bowl. Slice and cut up any mango fruit left on the pit.
6. Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl.
7. Mix all the ingredients together until combined. Add sugar and salt to taste.
You can use this salsa with chicken or fish, or you can eat it with tortilla chips.