I got this recipe from the 2010 Pillsbury Dessert Recipes calendar!
Makes 16 servings, 25 minutes prep time, and it takes 1 hr. 35 minutes from start to finish
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup raspberry preserves
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Heat the oven to 350° F. Grease bottom and side of 9- or 10-inch springform pan with shortening or cooking spray; lightly flour. In large bowl, mix flour and 3/4 cup of the sugar. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture.
2. To the remaining crumb mixture, stir in baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, almond extract, and 1 egg until well blended. Spread batter in bottom and 2 inches up the sides of the pan.
3. In another small bowl, beat the cream cheese, the rest of the sugar, and the other egg until well blended. Pour into the batter-lined pan. Carefully spoon preserves evenly over the cream cheese mixture. In another small bowl, mix reserved crumb mixture and sliced almonds. Then sprinkle over preserves.
4. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until cream cheese filling is set and the crust is deep golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Remove side of pan; leave coffee cake on pan bottom.
5. Serve warm or cool. Store in the refrigerator.