This sweet potato cheesecake isn’t too sweet, and the filling is chunky with the sweet potatoes! The homemade whipped cream complements the cheesecake well!
Serving size: This recipe will make 2 cheesecakes with a small amount of filling left over for 4-5 cupcake cheesecakes.
1 medium yam
1 3/4 cups sugar (or to taste)
2 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese, room temperature (you can use 1 block regular, 1 block reduced fat Neuftachel)
2 graham cracker crusts
1. Mix the ingredients together with a mixer while the yam is still hot or warm. Ingredients will blend better together and cream cheese will not separate into clumps. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into graham cracker crusts.
3. Put the pies into a larger pan with a small amount of water to prevent the cheesecake from cracking in the middle.
4. Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Note: If you only use reduced fat cream cheese, use 3 blocks.
For the whipped cream topping:
2/3 cup powdered sugar (or to taste)
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1. Mix the ingredients together until the cream forms peaks (about 15 minutes). When the pies are cool, spread on the whipped cream.
2. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon on the top to garnish (optional).